musicgirl

Default automatic delete possible?

Is there a way that I can have my excel worksheet automatically delete
repeats? For example: I have sorted by name, date and hours and have items
like this:

John Smith, 10/1/2004, 20 hours
John Smith, 10/1/2004, -20hours

Is there anyway to automatically have these items automatically deleted?
Myrna Larson

No, Excel doesn't automatically delete things (thank heavens!). But the two
rows you show are not duplicates. One has +20 hours, the other -20 hours.

If they WERE complete duplicates, you could use Data/Filter/Advanced Filter
select Unique Records, and copy to another location. That new list will have
no duplicates.