Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dilip Mistry

Default Validation List

Hi

Is it possible for the following:-

Create a validation in Cell (A1) with list of Drinks, Food, Clothes

Depending on what is selected the Validastion in cell (B1) will display
Coke, Water if Drinks in chosen in A1, Cakes, Chocolate if Food is chosen
and Hat , Glove if Clothes is chosen in cell A1

I hope I have given enough information

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Create a helper table in an unused part of your sheet, in my example G1:I3

G H I
1 drinks food clothes
2 water cakes hat
3 coke chocolate gloves

and insert in the Source field of the Valiadation/List dialog the following
formula:

=IF(A1=$G$1,$G$2:$G$3,IF(A1=$H$1,$H$2:$H$3,$I$2:$I $3))

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Dilip Mistry€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi

Is it possible for the following:-

Create a validation in Cell (A1) with list of Drinks, Food, Clothes

Depending on what is selected the Validastion in cell (B1) will display
Coke, Water if Drinks in chosen in A1, Cakes, Chocolate if Food is chosen
and Hat , Glove if Clothes is chosen in cell A1

I hope I have given enough information

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Add a page (p.e. ValLists) to your workbook. Create there a table
Drinks, Food, Clotches (row 1 is header, data columnwise from row 2 without
caps )
, like
Drinks Food Clothes
Coke Cakes Hat
Water Chocolate Glove
Milk Chips
Candies

Define named ranges (InsertNameDefine)
Drinks=OFFSET(ValLists!$A$1,1,,COUNTA(ValLists!$A: $A)-1,1)
Food=OFFSET(ValLists!$B$1,1,,COUNTA(ValLists!$B:$B )-1,1)
Clothes=OFFSET(ValLists!$C$1,1,,COUNTA(ValLists!$C :$C)-1,1)

On your original sheet (Sheet1?), for cell B1 define data validation list as
=CHOOSE(MATCH(Sheet1!$A$1,{"Drinks";"Food";"Clothe s"},0),Drinks,Food,Clothes)

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )