Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mstangel

Default Formula questions

I have a worksheet for the cell phone charges of each of our employees.It has
a row of months across the top and a column of names down the left side. The
montly charges are entered into the cell under the appropriate month for each
employee. What I need is a formula to generate a report on a different
sheet. This report needs to have the employees name and only the current
monthly charge listed, as well as the subtotaled amount below of all the
employees in a particular cost center. I can link the data in the cells
together for the first months entry (example A2 in sheet1 is linked to the
selected cell in sheet2) , but I can't figure out how to make it work for the
next months data( B2) without creating a new report or changing the formula
each time..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

On sheet2, copy the whole of column A from Sheet1, to cell A2
This will give you a blank row 1 and a list of all the employees from A2 to
say A100
In cell B1 enter the Month number required.
In cell B2 enter
=VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100,$B$1+1,0)
Copy the formula down column B.
Just changing the month number in B1 will change the set of values retrieved.
Carry out your totaling and sub-totaling accordingly.

Regards

Roger Govier