JulieD

Default Recalculation takes too long - help!!!!

Hi Deepak

the fact that you've used Australian states in your example gave your
(probable) location away :)

if your data can be rearranged as follows
St, TerId, TerName, shpcod, col4, mnth, custId, product
NSW, N0, Name1, ABC, 01, 2004-09, 27974955, A
NSW, N0, Name1, ABC, 01, 2004-09, 27974955, B

either manually or via the use of code you would make life much easier and
be able to avail yourself of all the features of excel lists (data form /
filtering / subtotals) and pivot tables.

is this a possiblity?

Cheers
JulieD
PS which side of the country are you on?

"agarwaldvk" wrote in message

Julie

No, I tried to use the Pivot Table but I don't think that in this
instance, its going to be of any help (unless there is somethere here
that I am not seeing).

The reason I say this is this :-

The raw data is in 9 columns - 2 of these contain the product
decription (in other words, their name). The 75 odd products that I
mention are the unique values of these product names across the full
range (35000 rows and these 2 columns). I am not interested in the
count or sum by these column headings (which I suppose Pivot Table
works with) - more so I am interested in the count of the unique values
of each of the product names.

Having said this, the arrangement of the raw data would look something
like so :-

St, TerId, TerName, shpcod, col4, mnth, custId, prod1,
prod2

NSW, N0, Name1, ABC, 01, 2004-09, 27974955, A, B
NSW, N1, Name2, BCD, 02, 2004-08, 27974956, C, B
VIC, N0, Name1, ABC, 02, 2004-09, 27974951, A, D
NSW, N0, Name3, PQR, 05, 2004-08, 27974952, E, B
WA, W0, Name4, KLM, 01, 2004-07, 27974952, A, D
QLD, Q0, Name2, ART, 04, 2004-07, 27974959, C, F
VIC, V0, Name7, NHY, 02, 2004-09, 27974954, E, B

Now what I am after is the count of product 'A' by month by state by
outlet code. Similarly, the count of product 'B' by month by state by
outlet code and so on!

Hopefully, this is clarify matters a trifle more! If Pivot Table can do
this, I am more than willing to give it a go!

Best regards

Deepak Agarwal
(And by the way how did you guess, I am an Aussie? Good to know you
though!)

--
agarwaldvk
agarwaldvk's Profile: