Alex Gardner

Default linest won't accept multiple reference ranges

I have as extensive data set and some data is missing in places, I want to
use linest and reference my X and Y variables to multiple non-connecting
cells. Ive tried the standard form for referencing multiple cells (A4:D4,
F4) but linest wont recognize the reference. Does any one have any
suggestions?

Example of data set

X Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 €¦€¦€¦.
1 2 2 3 6 3
2 1 N/A 2 3 1
3 1 2 4 1 2
4 N/A 1 5 3 1
5 N/A 3 5 2 N/A
6 2 3 6 1 4
..
..
I want slope of each data set.

Jerry W. Lewis

Use SLOPE instead of LINEST. SLOPE will ignore empty cells and cells
that contain text or boolean values.

Jerry

Alex Gardner wrote:

I have as extensive data set and some data is missing in places, I want to
use linest and reference my X and Y variables to multiple non-connecting
cells. Ive tried the standard form for referencing multiple cells (A4:D4,
F4) but linest wont recognize the reference. Does any one have any
suggestions?

Example of data set

X Y1 Y2 Y3 Y4 Y5 €¦€¦€¦.
1 2 2 3 6 3