Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting rows out of order after all rows are numbered in sequence

Data is in 4 columns with Headers described below:
Col A - Line# (rows are numbered in original order in worksheet)
Col B - Acct# (property number)
Col C - Category (code for the type of information in the rows ie: E, V, X, T)
Col D - Label (description of the data or values in the row)

There is one row of Expenses (all begin with "LOE - ") that is numbered out
of sequence from the other "LOE -" items. I need to Move it up with the
other "LOE -" items and if possible Re-sort all the "LOE -" items BUT only
the "LOE -" rows within each Acct#. I tried to Filter on the "E" Category
lines and sort them by Col B and then Col D but it also Sorted all the other
lines. This data is in a report format so all rows above and below the "LOE
-" lines need to remain in order as well. There are numerous rows (approx
150) for each Acct# in Col B and numerous different Acct# in the worksheet.
Without manually cutting and inserting the errant lines, I don't know how
else to do it. Suggestions please.

--
Mickey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mickey
What you wrote is hard to follow. Do you mean that Col A has the row
numbers that Excel puts to the left of Col A? I gather that the entries in
Col B do not occur in every row. Is that right? You mention "There is one
row of Expenses". Where does expenses come in the columns you described?
When you say "all begin with 'LOE - '", all what begin with LOE -. I gather
from what you say that you have a number of rows that apply to one account
number and that you want to sort all the rows that apply to one account
number. Is that right? You say there is one row that is out of sequence
and you want to move that row up. Where up?
If you wish, send me your file or a small sample of your file. Fake the
data if you wish. I need only the layout of everything you have. Provide
at least one example showing before and after. Include a copy of your
original post as well as this post. Also include the Excel version you are
using. My email is . Remove the "extra" from
this address. HTH Otto