Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PO PO is offline

Default Help with regular expression

Hi,

Can anybody help me with a regular expressions pattern for a date?

YYYY-MM-DD

i.e. 2007-05-02
The year may range between 2000 and 2010.

TIA
po

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If that value is really a date, you could just use

dim myDate as date
mydate = dateserial(2007,5,2)

if year(mydate) < 2000 _
or year(mydate) 2010 then
'error
else
'ok
end if

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not a regular expression, but would either of these work?

Function IsValidDate(sDte) As Boolean
Dim dte As Date
If IsDate(sDte) Then dte = CDate(sDte)
IsValidDate = Year(dte) = 2000 And Year(dte) <= 2010
End Function

Function IsValidDate2(sDte) As Boolean
Const Ptn1 As String = "200#-##-##"
Const Ptn2 As String = "2010-##-##"
IsValidDate2 = sDte Like Ptn1 Or sDte Like Ptn2
End Function

--
HTH :)
Dana DeLouis