Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Strings to Numbers

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I import into Access. On the Access side I
have 2 fields, Duration it looks like this 0:13:25, Duration1, that I
want to look like this, 13:25 where I can do some math. Is this possible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In order for someone to answer the question you
have to indicate what the number represents as
seen. For lack of such information I will assume
for now that it represents hours:minutes:seconds
and all you need to do is format at [mm]:ss
to show minutes and seconds where minutes does
not overflow into hours.

If the field is text and you need to convert it to a
number then you can use the TrimALL macro as
seen at
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel