Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Index and Match Functions

I would like to know how I can use the index and match functions (or
any other functions) when pulling data from an table/array that is not
sorted (thus making vlookup unavailable).

For example:
A1 B1
Apples 100
Bannans 50
Apples 200
Oranges 300
Apples 357
Pears 400
Apples 3

How can I get the sum of all the apples?

Thanks,

Amir

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want the SUM look in the help index for SUMIF

Vlookup does work with NON sorted by adding ,0 or ,false at the end.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

oups.com...