Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RICK

Default enable/disable macro

Is there anyway that the running of macros can be disabled while EXCEL is
OPEN. The only way that I have found to disable macros is to shut down
EXCEL, restart EXCEL, and select to disable the macros.

RICK
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

You can disable code that run when you open the workbook by holding the
Shift key when you open the workbook in Excel.

Note: You can use the macro's only the code that run automatic when you open the workbook will not run

--
Regards Ron De Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"RICK" wrote in message ...
Is there anyway that the running of macros can be disabled while EXCEL is
OPEN. The only way that I have found to disable macros is to shut down
EXCEL, restart EXCEL, and select to disable the macros.

RICK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RICK

once disabled can it be re-enabled without closing down and re-opening the
workbook?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You can write all your macros so that they will conditionally operate or not
depending on a certain value in a certain cell.........kinda like a password,
only certain folks know what the password is, and where it is supposed to

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3