Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Default Updating links

We have a summary spreadsheet with hundreds of links which is emailed to
a number of users. The automatic links update, and the prompt, have been
disabled because of problems caused when remote users attempted to do
the update.

Other than enable the links auto update and then disable it before
mailing the spreadsheet, is there another way of updating other than a
manual, one-by-one approach? A macro, maybe?

Secondly, is it possible to get an unopened sheet to update links
automatically when you open another one?

Thanks for any ideas

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Hi Brisbane Rob

Why not covert the links to values in the sheet you send
I have a option in my Add-in
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

Secondly, is it possible to get an unopened sheet to update links
automatically when you open another one?

As far as I know No

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Brisbane Rob" wrote in message
news:Brisbane.Rob.25ju4a_1143833702.9015@excelforu m-nospam.com...

We have a summary spreadsheet with hundreds of links which is emailed to
a number of users. The automatic links update, and the prompt, have been
disabled because of problems caused when remote users attempted to do
the update.

Other than enable the links auto update and then disable it before
mailing the spreadsheet, is there another way of updating other than a
manual, one-by-one approach? A macro, maybe?

Secondly, is it possible to get an unopened sheet to update links
automatically when you open another one?

Thanks for any ideas

--
Brisbane Rob
Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25096
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=528682

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brisbane Rob

Thanbks - that seems to answer one of my problems.

Still trying to figure out how to update the links in a closed
workbook...