Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZBC2

Default How can I convert a formula to it's results?

Cell A1 of the Input Sheet, for example might contain the words "Daily
Sale Report 5"
Cell A5 of the Output Sheet contains the formula: ='Input Sheet'!$A$1
thus displaying whatever the contents of cell A1 from the Input Sheet.
I want another cell on the Output Sheet to contain the editable results
of the formula ... e.g. "Daily Sale Report 5" ... (NOT the equation).
Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello ZBC2,

For example using cell A6 for the result, the formula would be...

=TEXT(A5, Len(A5))

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZBC2

Leith Ross wrote:

Hello ZBC2,

For example using cell A6 for the result, the formula would be...

=TEXT(A5, Len(A5))

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

I just realized that it still shows up as an equation in cell A6 ...
I guess I want to permanently replace A6 with it's contents ??? and not
show up as an equation ???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Leith Ross

Hello ZBC2,

Change the formula in A6 (Output Sheet) to this...

=TEXT(Sheet1!$A$1, Len(Sheet1!$A$1))

If this doesn't work for you, then I have no idea what the problem is.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=506103

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZBC2

Leith Ross wrote:

Hello ZBC2,

Change the formula in A6 (Output Sheet) to this...

=TEXT(Sheet1!$A$1, Len(Sheet1!$A$1))

If this doesn't work for you, then I have no idea what the problem is.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

The first expression you gave me displays the cell contents ok; the
problem is that it is still a 'formula'.
I want to convert the formula to the 'results' of the formula.

Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

Edit / Copy, then Edit / Paste Special / Values

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"ZBC2" wrote in message
Leith Ross wrote:

Hello ZBC2,

Change the formula in A6 (Output Sheet) to this...

=TEXT(Sheet1!$A$1, Len(Sheet1!$A$1))

If this doesn't work for you, then I have no idea what the problem is.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

The first expression you gave me displays the cell contents ok; the
problem is that it is still a 'formula'.
I want to convert the formula to the 'results' of the formula.

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZZBC

Ken Wright wrote:

Edit / Copy, then Edit / Paste Special / Values

I was hoping to not do it manually ...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Wright

You can do it via code, but thats it. There is no function/formula that
will convert itself to text automatically.

Regards
Ken.......................

"ZZBC" wrote in message
Ken Wright wrote:

Edit / Copy, then Edit / Paste Special / Values

I was hoping to not do it manually ...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ZZBC

"ZZBC" wrote in message

Ken Wright wrote:

Edit / Copy, then Edit / Paste Special / Values

I was hoping to not do it manually ...

Darn! I'm not sure I want to go that route ... Thanks!