Junior Member

Default Drop-Down References a Grouped Item - how to populate multiple

I have a list of users and which groups they report to:

User1 Group1
User2 Group1
User3 Group2
User4 Group2
User5 Group2
User6 Group1
User7 Group2
User8 Group3
User9 Group3

I need to be able to select the group from a drop down, and then show ALL users in that group.

Here's how I picture it:
Group 1 (dropdown selection)
User1 User2 User6
### #### ####
xxxx xxxxx xxxx

And the users should change as you change the group name, and then populate their information using VLOOKUP or Index(Match).

Right now my reference table has Agent with his/her related Group, and then a separate list of groups just for the drop down (if I use the Agent-Group column, it returns each group name multiple times in the drop down)

Any help at all would be appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 14 May 2018 18:28:12 +0100 schrieb SoozTX:

I have a list of users and which groups they report to:

User1 Group1
User2 Group1
User3 Group2
User4 Group2
User5 Group2
User6 Group1
User7 Group2
User8 Group3
User9 Group3

I need to be able to select the group from a drop down, and then show
ALL users in that group.

Here's how I picture it:
Group 1 (dropdown selection)
User1 User2 User6
### #### ####
xxxx xxxxx xxxx

have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgc5Zhw4uK0WjFTctSw

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Junior Member

Unhappy

Firewall is blocking
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Am Mon, 14 May 2018 20:06:56 +0100 schrieb SoozTX:

Firewall is blocking

send me a mail to
claus_busch(at)t-online.de
Then I will send you the workbook via mail.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Tuesday, 15 May 2018 05:49:06 UTC+12, SoozTX wrote:
[...]

A dropdown selector can be created by applying Data Validation to a cell. You need to create a list of the groups first. Then apply Data Validation to the dropdown cell and use the List option. Now you can use the value of this cell to select rows from your data table. If you add a "selected row number" column you can then use VLOOKUP to compress the selected rows into a contiguous range.