Sprinks

Default Providing Toolbars to Workgroup

I've created a series of useful macros and VBA procedures for our workgroup,
and posted a Macros.xls to a network location, which users copy to their
Personal.xls. As expected, the number of useful macros has exceeded the
number of meaningful pneumonic hotkeys, so I've assigned hotkeys to the most
frequently used, and put the rest on a toolbar.

How do I share the toolbar with the group?

Thanks.

Sprinks
Dave Peterson

First, I wouldn't have the users fiddling around copying and pasting code.

Get a copy of John Walkenbach's MenuMaker workbook:

You can find it:

After you've done your tweaking, save the file as an addin (*.xla). But name it
nicely:
SprinksUtils.xla

And then save that to a network location and mark it readonly (in windows
explorer).

Then have the users install it via tools|addins (browse).

If some users need to have it available when they're not connected to a network,
have them save it to their local harddrive.

But you're life will be a little simpler when you're dealing with the network
folks. Just put a new version in that file in that network folder and the next
time they start excel, they're updated.

For the non-network people, Jan Karel Pieterse used a helper workbook that added
an addin in his namemanager utility.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp/

He has an installation workbook included in the zip file.

===
And keep a copy of the name manager for your own use! It's very nice.

--

Dave Peterson