Michael Hoffmann

Default Menu items added with menu item editor in older versions

Hi!

Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some extra menu
items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the macro to
be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not available any
more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Bob Phillips

Michael,

This question was raised a few days back, in this thread
http://tinyurl.com/5de3e. Windsurfer LA seemed to have a solution, which you
could try him for.

--

HTH

RP

"Michael Hoffmann" <m.hoffmann AT compar.cc wrote in message
Hi!

Years ago I created a worksheet with macros that could be run through some

extra menu
items in the data menu. My customer upgraded to Excel 2000 and now the

macro to
be run cannot be found because "Module3." must be added to the macro call.
Unfortunately the menu editor I used when I created the worksheet is not

available any
more. Where can I find (and change) the menu entry?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

Jim Rech

I don't know what Windsurfer's solution is but, for the future, the way to
go may be to delete the XL95 menuitems and use XL97's+ Commandbars object to
build the menuitems when the workbook is opened.

For deleting the old menus you can try the RemoveMenus download from Stephen
Bullen's site:

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--
Jim Rech