Sandeep

Default Problem accessing Oracle Public Synonyms from Microsoft Excel 2002

Hi,

I am using microsoft excel 2002 , Oracel ODBC Driver ( 8.01.07.00) & trying
to connect to Oracle database 9i. it is getting connected fine . It shows
me a
list of public synonyms ( owner : ALL) along with tables,views,system tables.

but I can n't access public synonym from add table but strange thing that I
can access those public synonym from microsoft query , it returns data too.

Can somebody please help me

Regards
-- Sandeep

onedaywhen

Sandeep wrote:
but I can n't access public synonym from add table but strange thing

that I
can access those public synonym from microsoft query , it returns

data too.

MS Query sends SQL it doesn't understand to the database server for
execution. Obviously the synonyms are known on the server side so it's
not so strange that the query returns data.

Jamie.