Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula returns #VALUE! when adding days to a date

I have formatted column C as 'date' and in cell C5 I am inputting a date in
the format mm/dd/yy. In cell C7 I have put the formula =C5+84 in order to
return the date which is 12 weeks further on than the input date.

This works perfectly well on most of the computers in the office, except
one! Initially the problem was that the calulated date only changed the
first time a date was input into C5, but I realised (from this board) that
'calculation' was on manual and changed that to automatic. However, now I am
getting #VALUE! in the second cell instead of a date.

I don't understand why it works on our other computers and not this
particular one
I have searched the board for similar replies but cannot find anything else
relevant. Can anybody help? Thanks Caryn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. clear c5
2. reformat c5 as General
3. re-enter the date
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200800
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will try this on Monday when I am
next back at work.
Caryn