-   -   Print Items in Drop Down Filter List (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/174177-print-items-drop-down-filter-list.html)

felton128

Print Items in Drop Down Filter List

Can you tell me how to print the drop down filter list in Excel. I need to
prune and consolidate the various selections.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: Print Items in Drop Down Filter List

Yes, you can print the drop down filter list in Excel. Here's how:
  1. Select the cell or column that contains the drop down filter list.
  2. Click on the "Data" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Filter" in the "Sort & Filter" group.
  4. Click on the drop down arrow in the header of the column with the filter list.
  5. Click on "Filter by Color" and select "Filter by Color."
  6. Click on the "Print" button in the "Print" group on the "File" tab.
  7. In the "Print" dialog box, select "Print Active Sheets" and "Print Selection."
  8. Click on the "Print" button to print the drop down filter list.

This will print the entire drop down filter list, including any duplicates or blank cells. To prune and consolidate the various selections, you will need to manually edit the printed list.

ShaneDevenshire

Print Items in Drop Down Filter List

Hi,

There is no way to print the onscreen list. But you can use a screen
capture program to do it.

What kind of drop down list are we talking about - Data Validation, Auto
Filter, Form Control, or Active X Control Toolbox item?
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"felton128" wrote:

Can you tell me how to print the drop down filter list in Excel. I need to
prune and consolidate the various selections.

Gord Dibben

Print Items in Drop Down Filter List

The dropdown autofilter list is comprised of the first 1000 unique items in the
column.

If you want to copy all the unique items in a column use Advanced FilterUnique
items only and copy to somewhere.

For more on this, including copying to another sheet, see Debra's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfi...html#ExtractWs

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP