Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup Function

I am looking for the formula to look up values/range in column A and provide
the correlating value in column B

ie

A B
1 8499 0.12
2 8500 - 13499 0.14
3 13500 0.16

Thanks in advance!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

8499 and 8500 are the same thing
=vlookup(6000,a2:b4,2)
5500 .012
8500 .014
13500. .016
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"noodlehounds" wrote in message
I am looking for the formula to look up values/range in column A and
provide
the correlating value in column B

ie

A B
1 8499 0.12
2 8500 - 13499 0.14
3 13500 0.16

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change your table to:

A B
1 0 0.12
2 8499 0.14
3 13499 0.16

then with your data in D3 use the formula:

=LOOKUP(D3,A1:A3,B1:B3)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"noodlehounds" wrote in message
I am looking for the formula to look up values/range in column A and
provide
the correlating value in column B

ie

A B
1 8499 0.12
2 8500 - 13499 0.14
3 13500 0.16

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your sample table has logical problems!

I assume you meant this:

1 - 8499 = 0.12
8500 - 13499 = 0.14
13500 - unlimited = 0.16

Try this:

=IF(A1=13500,0.16,IF(A1=8500,0.14,IF(A1=1,0.12, "")))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP