Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Background Shading

Can anyone help me. I am trying to shade one excel cell 2 different colors.
Is there a way I can do this? I am talking about the background not the font
color. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cells can have only one background color.

You could workaround by placing a drawing objec(rectangle?)t over half the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:16:01 -0700, SmokeyMo
wrote:

Can anyone help me. I am trying to shade one excel cell 2 different colors.
Is there a way I can do this? I am talking about the background not the font
color. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can have black as a pattern within the cell
Format, Cells, pattern, choose a pattern, and choose a color.

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

wrote:

Can anyone help me. I am trying to shade one excel cell 2 different colors.
Is there a way I can do this? I am talking about the background not the font
color. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David

Can you expand on this a bit or have I misread?

Gord

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:01:36 -0400, "David McRitchie"
wrote:

You can have black as a pattern within the cell
Format, Cells, pattern, choose a pattern, and choose a color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can have different border, Fill Pattern and Font color at one time.

Challa Prabhu

"SmokeyMo" wrote:

Can anyone help me. I am trying to shade one excel cell 2 different colors.
Is there a way I can do this? I am talking about the background not the font
color. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've not misread anything. Stippling, crosshatching, etc
gives you a means of distinguishing cells ([Fill] Pattern dropdown)
particularly in black and white printing, which is on the pattern tab
within format, and background color is also on the pattern tab.

The poster did not define what was meant by two colors, if he
means gradient shading from dark blue to light blue like the
title bar than he would have to use a transparent shape (picture).

wrote:

You can have black as a pattern within the cell
Format, Cells, pattern, choose a pattern, and choose a color.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks David.

Gord