Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Group in Pivot Table

Is there any way to show all entries in a column, even though there may be
different items in a 2nd column? I would like to have Part#s show up for all
columns. In below table 163822 is blank in 2nd row and I would like it to be
there.

Sum of QTY
Part # Acct Code Total
122667 22199.645120 1
161088 22130.635120 2
162358 22190.645120 5
163822 22005.635120 1
22120.635120 1
176777 22130.635120 1
178888 22155.635120 1
182285 22160.635120 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steve

Take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site in the Pivot Table FAQ
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqPivot.html#Repeat

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there any way to show all entries in a column, even though there
may be
different items in a 2nd column? I would like to have Part#s show up
for all
columns. In below table 163822 is blank in 2nd row and I would like it
to be
there.

Sum of QTY
Part # Acct Code Total
122667 22199.645120 1
161088 22130.635120 2
162358 22190.645120 5
163822 22005.635120 1
22120.635120 1
176777 22130.635120 1
178888 22155.635120 1
182285 22160.635120 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Roger
This works great if I copy the Pivot Table to a list but will not work
within a Pivot Table itself. My included list in original post is from a
Pivot Table.

"Steve" wrote in message
Is there any way to show all entries in a column, even though there
may be
different items in a 2nd column? I would like to have Part#s show up
for all
columns. In below table 163822 is blank in 2nd row and I would like it
to be
there.

Sum of QTY
Part # Acct Code Total
122667 22199.645120 1
161088 22130.635120 2
162358 22190.645120 5
163822 22005.635120 1
22120.635120 1
176777 22130.635120 1
178888 22155.635120 1
182285 22160.635120 2

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Steve

No you can't do it within a PT. That is why Debra suggests that
workaround taking the data out of a PT.
The only other "cheat" that I can think of would be to insert a new
column A in front of the PT.
Then in column A on row 4 or wherever the first part# appears, enter the
Part#
in A5 enter
=IF(B5="",A4,B5)
and copy down.