Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting cells?

Is there a way to split a cell in two without adding any columns?
I am trying to figure out a way to label a series with two different names
applied to the same person.
Example:
Right now the cells look like
NE- John Doe
NW-John Doe

I would like them to be:
NE
NW with John Doe being in a split/merged cell in the middle of them so it
applies to both, make sense?
I don't want to add any columns because it screws up the alignment with the
rest of the worksheet. I have tried merging the cells, and wrapping, but so
far nothing is really giving me what I want. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can split a cell in MS Word but not in Excel.

You would have to insert another column then
merge the cells of the two column on all but the
rows you want them split.

Merged cells can present lots of problems, so unless
you are using the worksheet as a Form, you probably
want to avoid doing that. I have a page on merging
and unmerging cells.
Merge and Unmerge Cells
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/merge.htm

---