Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I count cells with text but ignore cells with spaces?

I have a form that users enter names in a column and I need to count them.
Unfortunately some users simple hit the space bar to delete a name instead
of using the clear or delete key. In those cells, with spaces now which
appear to be blank, the cell is treated like it has text in it when I use the
counting functions. Any suggestions on how I count the names only and ignore
the cells that are blank and the cells with just a couple of spaces in them?

What do you think? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you think?

I think you should cut your users fingers off! <g

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(TRIM(A1:A10))0))

Biff