Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
changetires

Default Charting with dates

I am trying to chart some data and I want the dates starting with
3/1/06, 4/1/06,5/1/06,6/1/06 across the bottom and instead I am getting
1/6/1900,
2/6/1900 and so on
can anyone help with this?

thks,

Ed

--
changetires
changetires's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35414

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Changetires:

It sounds like you want to make a trend chart, dates along X axis, values on
Y axis.

Your 1/6/1900 indicates that Excel does not recognize your dates. Excel uses
1/1/1900 as starting point for calendar. Dates are stored as serial number
of days since 1/1/1900. You'll need to examine your dates to see why they
are not being recognized as dates.

...Kelly