Junior Member

Default Scatter chart with categories on x-Axis

Hello,

I want to make a chart in Excel that plots values on the y-axis to the specific category. The category is plotted on the x-axis. See example he http://www10.pic-upload.de/28.02.13/wuag2tpidf53.jpg

I am almost sure that excel can do that, since it can everything :)

Thanks a lot for your help
Junior Member

Hi SPi86,

Of course you can do this :)

Set up your data like the picture.

Then create a line chart with markers, not an XY chart.

Then Switch the Rows/Columns from the Design Ribbon.

Let me know if this works for you.

Steve=True
Attached Images

Junior Member

Hey,
Thanks for your reply. I can reproduce your diagram, and it is an almost ok solution for my problem :)

The problem with your solution is that I have to rearrange my data. (I get the data the way I showed it in the picture.) And to rearrange the data I would like to avoid.

Another ok, but not perfect thing about your solution is that I have to change the symbols by hand. I forgot to say that in the beginning, but I would like to have for each category A, B, C a unique symbol. With that I mean over category A is symbol 1, over category B is symbol 2 ...

Do you know how to do that?

Thanks again for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve=True View Post