Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Referencing Numbers

I have a large (master) spreadsheet I made showing NBA players and using
standard deviation I have been able to give the players rankings in different
categories. I also have separate spreadsheets for each team listing their
players, and each players ranking in each category. That sheet sums up each
teams category and sends those numbers to another sheet that compares each
team.

What I usually have to do is copy each players rankings one at a time and
paste them onto the corresponding sheet. What I'm wondering is.....is it
possible to link the sheets so that when i put a players name on one of the
teams sheet, it will look up that name on the master sheet and list the
rankings in separate cells? I was thinking I could somehow use the if
statement to do something like this:

if(a4=bryant kobe, b4, if(a5=bryant kobe, b5.........)

The problem is there are 270 lines and I don't think I can do an if statment
that long.

I know there is a lookup term I can use, but can I use that to have it move
the numbers automatically from the master sheet to the separate sheets?

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Put the player's name in the first column of your master sheet of all
players. Then use VLookup (not If) to populate the other sheets based on the
player's name entered in its first column.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions