Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyro[_2_] Tyro[_2_] is offline

Default Align Left and Right in Same Cell

You can apply your format to the first cell and then use format painter and
drag it down to apply to all cells.

Tyro

"Sloth" wrote in message
I am trying to align the first names to the left of the cell and the last
names to the right (don't ask me why). I know one way but it requires a
custom number format for each entry. Is the another method anyone here
can
suggest to get the same thing without using a custom number format.

Here's how I currently do it.
Say I want "Patrick Stewart" to look like this...
Patrick Stewart
I enter Patrick in the cell and then apply the following custom number
format..
@* "Stewart"
and align the cell to the left.
the "* " tells excel to enter as many spaces as it can to fill the cell.

This method works if I have one or two names in the list I want to do this
with, but it gets cumbersome after more than a handful.