Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike

Default Clear Cells

Hello David,

i have a number of sheets in a workbook that have varying amount of data.
what i would like is to be able to go to each worksheet, go to the end of
the data (using column A for this is fine) and then delete or Clear ALL rows
below.
doing that manually reduces my workbook from 5meg to 1 meg.
if i could automate this it would make things much faster,
thanks for any advice you can give,
cheers,
Mike

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Are you just trying to get rid of rows and columns past a certain cell.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...m#MakeLastCell

Are you just trying to reduce the size of the workbook by eliminating
the rows and columns past the actual data, where the last cell indication
Ctrl+End is incorrect.
"Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?"

Do you mean delete the rows and columns outside of a single selection area.
have such a solution but not on webpage yet

Do you mean leave the single selection area intact but clear the contents
but not delete cells outside a selection(s).

Are you talking about a single area i.e. A3:D10,
or multiple selection areas i.e. A3:D10, A8:D15

Does the current region Ctrl+SHIFT+* have anything to
do with this question. If it does you make that your selection
and continue with one of the other avenues.

As far as I can tell you will need a macro solution, if not familiar
with macros you can read about them at
but answer which kind of solution you were looking for first.
---
HTH,

"Mike" wrote ...
How can i delete the contents of very cell in a spreadsheet, APART from those
already selected